Biography and Qualifications
The following are areas of expertise and experience:
- Cross Cultural Management
- Social Psychology
- Identity, Citizenship & Person-Nation Fit
- Cultural Values
- Research Methods (quantitative, survey)
- Negotiation & Communication
- Jan 2009 – Jan 2013: Research Leader of the Business and Management department
- Sep 2007 – present: Co-Supervisor of Ph.D. students and Supervisor of Masters Dissertation students
- Dec 2010 – Sept 2011: Acting Head of Department Business & Management – Research
- Claeye, F. & van Meurs, N. (2013) Power, resistance and culture in the construction of NPO identity in South Africa.Academy of Management Proceedings. doi: 10.5465/AMBPP.2013.16402abstract
- Fischer, R., Ferreira, Maria C., Yu Jiang, D., Cheng, B., Achoui, M. M., Wong, C. C., Baris, G., Mendoza, S., vanMeurs, Nathalie, Hassan, A., Achmadi, D., Hassan, A., Zeytinoglu, G., Dalyan, F., Harb, C., Darwish, D. D., and Assmar, E. M. (2011) Are perceptions of organizational justice universal? An exploration of measurement invariance across thirteen cultures. Social Justice Research, 24 (4). pp. 297-313.
- Van Meurs, N.and Spencer-Oatey, H. (2010) Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Intercultural Conflict: The "Bermuda Triangle" of Conflict, Culture, and Communication. In D. Matsumoto (Ed.) APA Intercultural Handbook of Communication.American Psychological Association. 1 edition (April 15, 2010).
- Dbaibo, D. and Harb, C. and Van Meurs, N. (2010) Values and justice as predictors of perceived stress in lebanese organisational settings.Journal of Applied Psychology: An International Review, 59(4). pp. 701-720.
- Van Ameijde, J.D.J., Nelson, P.C., Billsberry, J. and van Meurs, N. (2009) Improving leadership in higher education institutions: A distributed perspective. Higher Education.Volume 58, Issue 6, 763-779. Onlinehttp://www.springerlink.com/content/t1754277115t2351/?p=7fb049c9506048d7bcf2428867a7a058&pi=2
- Van Ameijde, J., Nelson, P., Billsberry, J. and van Meurs, N. (2008) Distributive leadership in project teams: The importance of integrating dispersed expertise. In K. Turnbull-James (Ed.) Leadership: Knowledge into Action. Belgrave
- Coldwell, D.A.L., Billsberry, J., van Meurs, N. and Marsh, P.J.G. (2008) The effects of person-organization ethical fit on employee attraction and retention: Towards a testable explanatory model. Journal of Business Ethics, 78 (4), 611-622
- Van Meurs, N. (2007) The Future's Bright, The Future's Blended. Mixedness and Mixing E-Conference, Commission for Racial Equality (Peer reviewed). http://www.intermix.org.uk/events/Dr%20Nathalie%20Van%20Meurs.asp
- Van Meurs, N. and Spencer-Oatey, H. (2007) Multidisciplinary perspectives on intercultural conflict: The 'Bermuda Triangle' of conflict, culture and communication. In H. Kotthoff & H. Spencer-Oatey (Eds.), Handbook of Applied Linguistics, Volume 7: Intercultural Communication. Mouton: de Gruyter Publishers.
- Van Meurs, N. (2003) Cooperative and competitive behaviour between intercultural teams: the predictive validity of Schwartz values. In S. Schmid & A. Thomas (Eds), Impact of Values and Norms on Intercultural Training and Education, Vienna: IDM.
Engagement and Impact
Social Media: www.identityresearch.org Identity Research (blog) or Follow on twitter: @drvanmeurs
- French (basic)
- Arabic (learning)