Dr Lakshmi Narasimhan Vedanthachari
ROLE: SL in Management
Module Leader: Information Management
Dr. Lakshmi Narasimhan is a Senior Lecturer at the International Management & Innovation Department. He is the programme leader for MBA (Oil and Gas) and BA (Hons) Business Management Project Management. He is a SAP Certified TERP associate and teaches SAP to postgraduate supply chain students at the University.
Biography and Qualifications
After completing his Chemical Engineering degree, he worked as a software programmer in India and came to the UK to purse his Masters and PhD. His PhD was on the impact of Enterprise Systems on Mid-Sized Manufacturing Businesses. While working at the University of Bolton, he delivered several regional development projects aimed at supporting SMEs. He has lectured on Operations and Supply Chain Management to professionals in Africa and the Far East.
His research interests are around Supply Chains, Enterprise Systems and SMEs. After joining Middlesex University in September 2012, he undertook the first Business Satisfaction Survey on behalf of the London Borough of Barnet and was part of a team which developed the first economic development strategy at the London Borough of Barnet.
Currently he is investigating on the time management practices of SMEs and the perceived challenges towards youth Entrepreneurship.
- Supply Chain Management
- Enterprise Systems
- Project Management
- Consultancy Projects
Research Outputs and Interests
- Supply Chain Management – Extractive Industries
- Small Business Growth & Development through Technology Adoption
- Vedanthachari, L., & Muniandy, S. (2015) Vedanthachari, L. & Muniandy, S. (2014) Employee perception of health and safety policies on delivery performance: A case study of a cement manufacturer based in Malaysia
- Baldock, R. & Vedanthachari,L. (2014) The Exact Small Business Efficiency Index: Featuring Time Management Efficiency, Middlesex University, London
- Syrett, S., Badlock, R., Granger, R., Ehterington, D., Vedanthachari, L. (2014) Developing Barnet's Fist Economic Strategy, Middlesex University, London
- Vedanthachari, L., Odunnike, M.T.,Khan, R.M (2013) Barnet Business Needs Report, Middlesex Univeristy, London
- Vedanthachari,L. (2011) Enterprise Systems Benefit Framework for Medium Sized Manufacturing Businesses in the UK, Published in the proceedings of UKAIS Conference, Oxford, UK, April 2011
- Arul Murugan and Vedanthachari, L. (2009) Indirect Procurement Outsourcing: A Platform BPO Solution for Mid-sized Companies, Procurecon Indirect, Florida, Feb 10 – 12 2009
- Zhang Jianyu, Stan Oliver, Gill Green and Vedanthachari, L.(2008) Exploratory Case Studies of RFID Adoption by UK SMEs , 3rd European Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation, The University of Winchester, UK, 15-16 September 2008
- Vedanthachari.L (2006) Benchmark report on the benefits of ERP, CRM and e-Procurement Systems: A study of fifty MSMBs in the North West England, University of Bolton:UK
- Oliver.S and Vedanthachari.L (2006) The Need for a clear understanding about the benefits offered by Enterprise Integration Technologies: Evidence from two U.K SMEs, Published in the proceedings of UKAIS Conference, Cheltenham, UK, April 2006
- Shafaghi.M and Vedanthachari.L (2003) E-Business Justification: Measuring Customer Satisfaction, Published in the proceedings of first e4sme conference (Electronic Commerce for SMEs), Bolton, U.K, June 2003
- Barnet's First Economic Development Strategy (Jan 2014): A strategic analysis of Barnet's economy was undertaken (Employment & Skills, Enterprise & business development & spatial development & regeneration) to identify a set of recommendations for economic development and growth.
- Barnet Business Needs Survey (Sep 2013): Sponsored by London Borough of Barnet, this research uncovered the challenges faced by local businesses and the support required for growth